What should you talk about with a girl on the first date?
What to do on the first date? We will tell you about it in this article. Experts from the Happy Life upscale matchmaking service meet a lot of pairs, and they get feedback from men and women. Thanks to it, you can use this information and it’ll help you to avoid mistakes in building harmonious relationships with a lovely lady.
Every man has the image of an ideal woman with whom he would like to spend the time of his life, to raise children and to grow old together. Someone meets his ideal woman really soon, but someone needs time for it. And someone spends years, trying to find the ideal woman
Anyway, every romantic relationship begins with the first date. It isn’t a secret, that both man and woman are in a right state before the first date, especially if their interest in each other is sincere and mutual.
The question to be answered is “What should you talk about with a girl on the first date? Which question should you ask on the first date? What to do on the first date? And which topics it’s better not to address? How to impress a woman on the first date for it not to become the last one?
Of course, the first date is always exciting. Nonetheless, the excitement shouldn’t prevent you to nicely and positively impress a woman.
Ok, let’s start:
- It’s desirable to start the conversation with an awesome compliment. For example: “You look adorable!”. And it would be a good idea to thank her for accepting your offer to spend this evening together. For example: “Thank you for accepting my invitation, I’m so happy to spend this evening with you!”
- You can start the beginning of the conversation on the first date with casual questions. If it’s the first time of her visiting this place? Does she like it? What does she think about the restaurant? Which cuisine does she prefer? If the first date is in a tea-room, you can talk to her about sorts of tea and coffee and about your own preferences. This casual beginning of the conversation on the first date can help you both to work up with nerve and defuse the tension.
- It’s widely known, that it’s better not to talk about personal topics. One of the best topics is education. You can ask her about where did she study, where did she get her university degree. You can ask her questions about her favorite subjects. For example, why does she like to study this or that? It can help you to get information about her and it will be still comfortable for her. If she adores her profession, she would like to talk about her professional activity on the first date.
- The first date is a great time to learn about her nature, interests, and hobbies. So it would be appropriate to ask: “Do you like traveling? Which places impressed you the most? Where would you like to go?”
- Ask her about her preferences for watching movies. Which genres does she like and why? Depending on the preferences, you can get the depth of her character. You can draw the next conclusions: if she’s capable of the empathy and understanding of the philosophical message of the movie or, vice versa if she likes watching horror films and silly comedy films.
- Talk about books…
- … and animals.
- You can ask questions about her family, but don’t go into details! Well, you can do it only if a girl would like to talk about it herself. There are different situations, and the family question can be a painful and sensitive issue on the first date.
- You can ask her about her dream! Women like to share their dreams. First of all, this topic can be really interesting for a first date, and second of all, it can help you to get what does she want. So you would be able to impress in surprise her, choosing the best gift for her birthday!
The above-mentioned topics will help you to start a casual conversation on the first date and feeling comfortable at the same time. And also it will help you to get her better.
Marina Leung and Elena Grande,
professional matchmakers of Happy Life matchmaking agency