Topics and questions you should not talk about on the first date.
What you shouldn’t talk about in order not to spoil the first impression on your first date? Specialists from the marriage agency Happy Life help you to understand how to communicate successfully with girl on the first date. There is various different topics and question you should not talk about on the first date. These questions can spoil the first impression and some of them can even hurt or insult the woman.
So, Which question should not you ask on the first date?
- First of all, don’t ask any questions about her and her family’s financial situation. On the first date, it’s inappropriate to ask about the brand of her car, her finances and her profession. It’s inappropriate to judge her look, clothes, bag, watch, jewelry and etc. Generally, don’t focus on material things.
- Don’t ask personal questions about her family, only if she herself would like to tell about her relationships with her parents and siblings. On the first date it’s inappropriate to focus on personal issues about her family.
- Don’t comment on her style and look. Even a “casual” comment as “you would look better without your bangs” can spoil the impression about you and even hurt your woman.
- Don’t ask “hypothetical” and “teaching” questions. For example: “Haven’t you tried to do yoga? Try it, you’ll like it! By the way, you will feel better because of it!”
- Don’t talk about policy, religion and other basic serious things, which can create dispute and discussion. These topics aren’t for the first date at all!
- In no case talk about your past relationships! Don’t ask your lady about it and don’t talk about your last experience, especially if it was negative. Talk about your ex-girlfriend is off-putting for a lady. And women dislike when a man says nasty things and gossip about other women. It will make your rating lower.
- Don’t talk about your work and business problems. The first date isn’t great time to complain about karma. In 99 per cent of the instances, the first date is the last day for men who prefer to talk about it on the first date. It isn’t a secret, that no one wants to tie the fate with a non-achiever and mood-hoover. It’s hard to appeal to her compassionate side, after all, she’s just getting the first impression on the first date. Even if you want to tell her about your temporary problem and get advice from her side, she will totally not appreciate your honesty and will draw wrong conclusions.
- Don’t use rude words, adult language and jargon in your speaking. It’s very unpleasant to hear it. Every educated and intelligent woman understands that a clever man can always find appropriate words to describe this or that. Moreover, good behavior of an educated man is perceived as a sign of respect by a woman.
- Don’t show your domination during the conversation with waitstaff in a café or restaurant where you the first date is going. Women always check whether a man talking to others in responsible or dismissive manner. Especially if these people are lower by social status. In case of rude or dismissive behavior towards waitstaff, she can feel shame and awkwardness of her partner. So she would think that her potential beloved one can be also rude with her.
- Here are general recommendations, hints and cheat sheets about what to do on the first date, what should you talk about with a girl on the first date and what about you shouldn’t talk ever. Use it to prepare for the first date for it not to be the last one.